Contact Information

Belleville Police Department

152 Washington Avenue
Belleville, N.J. 07109
T (973) 450-3334

Police Department Services
  • Enforcing state and local laws
  • Traffic Enforcement
  • Investigative/Alcoholic Beverage Control
  • Narcotics/Anti-Crime Enforcement
  • D.A.R.E. and G.R.E.A.T. Education
  • Emergency Response Team
  • Community Emergency Response
  • Juvenile Bureau
  • Training Bureau
Hours of Operation
  • Police Record Room
    Monday-Friday: 8am-4pm

  • Violation’s Bureau
    Monday-Friday 8:30am-4pm
    Wednesday: 6pm-8pm

  • Detective Bureau
    Monday-Friday 9am-12am(midnight)

  • Traffic Bureau
    Monday-Friday 8am-4pm

  • Juvenile Aid Bureau
    Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Organization Chart
  • Joseph P. Rotonda:
    Chief of Police
  • Deputy Chief Mark Minichini:
    Chief of Staff
  • Detective Ralph Marotti:
    Internal Affairs
  • Lieutenant James Giuliano:
    Detective Bureau Commander
  • Lieutenant Daniel Ward:
    Juvenile Bureau Commander
  • Lieutenant Gerard Corbo:
    Traffic and Community Policing Commander

Police Department

Joseph P. Rotonda, Chief of Police


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's):

Where do I pick up police and accident reports?
Police and accident reports can be picked up at the Record’s Room window with proper identification, and documentation.

Where is the court located?
The court is located in the Municipal Building at 152 Washington Avenue, 2nd Floor, Belleville, New Jersey.

What are the hours to get fingerprinted?
Fingerprinting is for Belleville Residents Only, Tuesdays 8:30am to 11:30am, and 1:30pm to 3:30pm.

How do I obtain a gun permit?
You can obtain the gun permit forms, and download them from the New Jersey State Police Website (, or you can pick them up at the Police Record Room.

How do I find out about school closings?
DO NOT CALL THE POLICE DESK; you should check the Township Website, or the Belleville Board of Education Website for school closings.

How do I make a criminal complaint?
First you must file an incident report with the police department, after picking up the report from the record room, you may file a criminal complaint with the court on the second floor.

How do I obtain a handicap parking space?
You may download the form online, or pick up at the Police Record Room.

How do I report a lost dog/cat?
You should contact the police at 973-450-3334, we will place the information you provide into our lost animal database, and contact you if the animal is located. You should also provide the same information to the Associated Humane Society of Newark at 973-824-7080; this organization handles our animal control issues.

How do I report dead animals?
If the dead animal is on a public street or sidewalk contact the police at 973-450-3334, if the animal is on private property you can contact the Associated Humane Society of Newark at 973-824-7080.

How do I report power outages or gas leaks?
Move yourself and others to a safe area and call PSE&G. at 800-436-PSEG, if the condition appears unsafe contact the police first at 973-450-3334, or call 9-1-1.

How do I report trees down, wires down?
Call the police first at 973-450-3334, or call 9-1-1; we will contact P.S.E.&G., and our department of public works shade tree division.